European experience and view from the inside (part 1/2)
In Europe, it is customary to divide damage in building structures for six groups (0-5).They include the waration of crack width in the range from less than 0.1 mm to more than 25 mm with descriptive definitions in the range from the "hair crack" to "very serious risk".However, in addition to this simple classification, the survey must also take into account other factors in assessing the significance of deformations and damage:
- whether cracks are stable or there is a speaker (optional only in the direction of magnification)
- location, size, shape and direction of cracks.Understanding whether they affect the structural stability of the building.
- The degree of integrity of the building as a whole and that are affected by cracks on the health of the building in general.
- Well, of course - the likely cause of damage.
Primary inspection of the object by a specialist.Recommendations. Strong>
A visit to the object and the initial assessment (or preliminary audit) are of paramount importance.This is not only an opportunity to close the construction and its environment, but also communication with the owner (or by the user) of real estate, with the aim of establishing the history of damage, mutual understanding and general vision so that you can manage the result of the future solution to the problem.
Before a visit, it can be very useful to consider geological maps of terrain to establish probable ground conditions and the presence of any adverse topographic signs (such as mines, landfills, watercourses, old careers and river beds, etc.).Of the interesting things: the name of the local streets can be very useful (for example, the "river" street may well talk about the former river bed that took place nearby).
In general, the procedure for visiting the object often may be a question of personal preference, however, there are several key rules:
- Give yourself enough time to visit and interact.As a rule, even a modest room may require one and a half hours of your time.
- It is necessary to be a methodical when examining the building, placing the room, the floor outside the floor.Even economic extensions and drainage systems with registration of all visible damage are required to be studied.Measurements and location plans are "vital importance.
- Basic tools for use include measuring roulette (better laser), level of 1 m long, adhesive tape 5 m, flashlight and screwdriver to be able to get through the finish coating to the supporting structure.
- It is desirable to access the roof or the attic (so do not forget to take the staircase!), Since the location and status of beams and riggers in the roof nodes can be directly related to the cause of cracking.
We will talk about the next steps and types of surveys in the next article.Stay with us :)
Gorelova Zhanna· April 28, 2021
If before the construction, it is not possible to take care of the condition of the soil at the construction site, then there will be no drawdown!
And Europeans and in the study of problems ahead of the rest of the world - as much as 5 groups!